Monday 29 August 2011

Guaranteed cure for writer's block

http://www.the-folly.com/2009/09/writers-block/

According to Robert Sheckley and Ben Aaronovitch, anyway.

Think I am going to have to try it, otherwise I will be stuck till kingdom come laughing my socks off at Charlie Brooker's account of his visit to the Concrete Menagerie in Northumberland and sipping lukewarm, nose-curling coffee of the day in Starbucks whilst listening to Nathan Barley dingwad lookalikes and their adorable totty-bint girlfriends burble on and on at great length and considerable tedium about Beyonce being up the duff.

Bloody hell words, why won't you come?  You bastards know I have a deadline looming, so naturally you do a runner.  While I rummage round for you under the sofa, you're hanging out with the odd socks down the bottom of the laundry basket.  Just wait till I get my hands on you!  You lazy shiftless buggers have a lot of catching up to do etc etc amen (cont.  on p. 94).

No comments:

Post a Comment